Igbinedion University Post UTME / DE Admission Screening Details, 2020/2021
Igbinedion University Post UTME / DE Admission Screening Details, 2020/2021 Session
ATEST UPDATE: The application deadline is 2nd December 2020.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for first year and direct entry (DE) admissions into the Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO) undergraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Available Courses: Igbinedion University Post UTME
- ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (Economics & Development Studies, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Mass Communication, Political Science & Public Administration, International Relations, Sociology & Anthropology, Theatre Arts)
- SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES (Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Administration)
- OBA EREDUAUWA COLLEGE OF LAW (Bachelor of Law, LL.B)
- GENERAL ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering)
- OBA OKUNADE SIJUWADE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Nursing Science)
- COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry, Computer Science & Information Technology, Microbiology)
- DORA AKUNYILI COLLEGE OF PHARMACY (Pharmacy)
General Entry Requirements: Igbinedion University Post UTME
- To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September when the new session commences.
- Candidates may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
Candidate are required to show evidence of application to JAMB.
UTME Requirement: Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities.
Age: Candidates who are above 22 years of age will not be deemed eligible
How to Apply for Igbinedion University Post UTME Form:
The procedure for the 2020/2021 Application for Undergraduate Admission for first time applicants is as follows:
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process.
- Click on Register for application at the top left of this page to proceed.
- Enter your First name; Middle name; and Surname along with your Email Address and Phone Number.
Immediately, your ID and Password will be sent to your email. Click on the Link within your email to continue
- Back On waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your username and the password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a Recent and clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the Igbinedion University, Okada, .
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket”at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with…” Interswitch or Etransact on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee with a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria to Pay with Interswitch or print out the payment ticket and proceed to d bank of choice to pay with Etransact.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online.
- Prospective Students must possess the required WASC/GCE/NECO credits (Advanced level passes/first degrees for direct entry), be registered with JAMB, and pass the UTME.
- More about application instructions is available on our online application portal @ http://www.iuokada.edu.ng/admissions.php.
- Upon completion of your admission form online, you will choose your preferred screening centre. Your screening date will also be provided on your acknowledgement slip upon completion of the admission process.
- Candidates who chose Igbinedion University, Okada as their first and second choice JAMB (UMTE) should also attend the screening exercise.
Scholarships: In line with our foundation principles of providing unequalled opportunity for learning and promotion of knowledge, Igbinedion University Okada offers generous scholarships towards the development of scientific research and studies in the humanities in the following disciplines: Banking and Finance, Chemical Science, Microbiology, Sociology, Political Science, Theatre Arts, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Business Administration, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Anatomy. The scholarships are offered on merit and first-come-first served basis.
Post-UTME Screening Date and Centres
Upon completion of your admission form online, you will choose your preferred screening centre. Your screening date will also be provided on your acknowledgement slip upon completion of the admission process.
Candidates who chose Igbinedion University, Okada as their first and second choice JAMB (UMTE) should also attend the screening exercise.
Post UTME screening date will be communicated in due time.
For more information, contact: Dean of Student Affairs : 08055163397, Admissions Officer : 07032924219, PRO : 08037937287, Director of ICT : 08034331960